Friday, October 16, 2009

Healing Thoughts

You can find inspiration in others, but the motivation to make that change can come only from within.

An important thought, especially when you're at a point in your life where change needs to be made, but taking that first step seems especially daunting.

I've been there. I remember sitting on the sofa, trying to figure out how I was going to get up . The joints in me knees were painful and swollen to the size of large grapefruits, my wrists and my hands were throbbing, my shoulders were not functioning, and I was stuck. At that moment I thought; "How am I going to live the rest of my life like this?"

And that was it, that was the breaking point. My inability to get off the sofa was the spark that motivated the change.

I wasn't about to give up on myself, and I didn't.

An important lesson learned: You have the power to take your life back. You have the ability to make the necessary changes in your life to live it how you want it to be lived. For me, rheumatoid arthritis was a bump in the road, but I didn't let it throw me off course. I acknowledged it, and through changes in my diet and exercise I was able to overcome it.

Ultimately what I want from this blog is to take my experience and help others find the positive inspiration that can motivate their change, provide some tried and true recipes, and hopefully get a few laughs. Remember: Laughter is a healer and we could all use a little more of it in our lives!

~jenni

3 comments:

Unknown said...

good point!

are you in mpls? or new york? or both?

Jenni said...

Hi Alissa!

I'm in Minneapolis, although I have eaten my way through Manhattan via the "Vegan Guide to New York City."

It was fantastic!

Unknown said...

me too! though i'm leaving on saturday...