Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Healing Thoughts

This morning while I was climbing up a hill during my 60 minute spin class I had a revelation...And I use that word loosely, "revelation" that is. There were no angels that descended from the heavens, no bright light, and certainly no dramatic interludes that one associates with them. Okay, maybe it was more of a "lightbulb" moment.

My spin instructor asked us if we knew what our purpose in life was. Actually, she more or less demanded that we think about it for four days and then during Saturday's class she wants us to write it down while she reads them aloud.

My purpose in life? In four days? You'd think that was asking a lot, I mean in the grad scheme of things, but really, it isn't. I think we all know deep inside why we're here. What makes us tick, the things that inspire, persuade and motivate us to get out of bed each and every day.

The thing about this instructor is she always manages to say the right things to get you to think...I mean really think. She constantly reminds us that we are in charge, we have the ability to make the necessary changes in life that will inevitably point us in the right direction. She's right.

She tells us that we are in exactly the right place in our lives and that when we acknowledge it, a door will open, and opportunities will arise. She's right.

In her class we're instructed to leave all negativity at the door and surround ourselves with positive affirmations. This is something I practice daily. I didn't get where I am today with my RA by being negative. I didn't give up on myself...Never give up on yourself.

Surround yourself with positive people, those that inspire, and those whom you can inspire.

Inspire others.

That was it, "inspire others." That was my "a ha moment." I realized that sharing my experience with others not only gives inspiration, it is also a form of personal therapy. It motivates me, it inspires me, and it makes me realize my potential and how much I have to give...It heals me.

Healing others helps you heal yourself.

It doesn't have to be complicated. It can be something as simple as a smile, or a "Thank You" or holding the door for someone.

Move forward in life and be the light you need to see, be your own inspiration and the rest will fall into place.

2 comments:

m.a. said...

What a great post. And you are an inspiration, Jenni!

Jenni said...

Thanks m.a., as are you!